Just what do school counselors do and how can they help your student?
At Stephens, our school counselors are highly trained and are able to help students and families with a variety of needs.
- Counsel students individually or in group settings
- Counsel students on career planning and goals
- Develop a guidance plan based on campus needs
- Respond to student needs in crisis situations
- Orient students to new school settings
- Work with absentees and at risk students
- Refer students to special programs and/or services when necessary
- Conduct conferences with parents and teachers
- Analyze test results to provide information about abilities and achievement
- Coordinate the Peer helper program
Stephen’s counselors also perform additional duties and are always available to assist students and families in a variety of ways. Please feel free to contact your student’s counselor today to find out how they can best assist your student in his or her educational needs.
6th Grade Counselor = Anna Jaramillo-Nguyen
7th Grade Counselor = Tracey Sherwood
8th Grade Counselor = Bob Danielian