Just what do school counselors do and how can they help your student?
At Stephens, our school counselors are highly trained and are able to help students and families with a variety of needs.
- Counsel students individually or in group settings
- Counsel students on career planning and goals
- Develop a guidance plan based on campus needs
- Respond to student needs in crisis situations
- Orient students to new school settings
- Work with absentees and at risk students
- Refer students to special programs and/or services when necessary
- Conduct conferences with parents and teachers
- Analyze test results to provide information about abilities and achievement
- Coordinate the Peer helper program
Stephen’s counselors also perform additional duties and are always available to assist students and families in a variety of ways. Please feel free to contact your student’s counselor today to find out how they can best assist your student in his or her educational needs.