Stephens families –
We have been notified by the City of Salem about a closure on Hayesville Drive, beginning Monday, May 9, and continuing into the summer.
We wanted to pass along some important pieces of information:
- There will be a full closure at the intersection of Harland Drive and Hayesville Drive, starting Monday, May 9. This is the only closure.
- There will be local access everywhere else along Hayesville Drive, other than the intersection at Harland.
- There is no disruption for our buses as any routes impacted by this one closure have been re-routed.
- Walking routes will be maintained for students all along Hayesville Drive.
- There will be a detour from Cordon Road to Lancaster Drive that primarily uses Kale Drive.
At this time, we do not anticipate any impact to the drop-off and pick-up of students in front of Stephens. The only impact will be on drivers who approach from west of Harland Drive.
Here is the press release from the City of Salem: https://www.cityofsalem.net/Pages/hayesville-drive-NE-closing-for-construction-in-may.aspx
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this road construction!